District Child protection Unit
Department of Social Defence
Social Defence Department under Integrated Child Protection Scheme has been functioning in 38 districts of Tamilnadu at District Child Protection Unit. Its Chairperson is District Collector under him District Child Protection Officer and other following staffs are working in this unit.
Activities of District Child Protection Unit
Department of Social Defence, District Child Protection Unit was started in August 2012 under Juvenile Justice Act 2000 u/s 62(A).
THIS UNIT IS PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES.
- Providing Care and Protection for the children below 18 yrs under JJ Act 2015 under sec 27.
- Providing Rehabilitation for the children conflict with law under JJ Act 2015 under sec 4.
- Uploading details of children in Child Care Institutions in the website track the missing child
- Ensuring the minimum standards in all Child Care Institutions conducting Home Management Committee Meeting and ensuring the child protection in all Child Care Institutions.
- Monitoring and inspecting the Child Care Institutions.
- Getting registration under JJ Act 2015 under sec 41(1) from Department of Social Defence.
- Providing Foster Care and After Care scheme for deserving children.
- Legal Adoption through Special Adoption Agency as per rules and guidelines of the CARA.
- Sponsorship is provided for the children in need of Care and Protection.
- Foster Care scheme awareness was made to the public through Block Level Child Protection Committee, Village Level Child Protection Committee, Child Care Institutions meetings, awareness programmes, and Sensitization was made through capacity programme.
- Prevention of Child Marriages and rehabilitation of child.
- Eradication of Child Labour and rehabilitation of child.
- Abolition of child beggary.
- Elimination of Child Trafficking.
- Preventing of school dropouts
- Providing counseling and support services and follow for the vulnerable children.
- Conducting awareness programmes in schools, public places, Children Homes and Government departments etc…
- Sensitization and Capacity building training programme to Government and Non Government officials.
- Convening District Child Protection Committee meeting presided by the District Collector.
- Assuring child protection by convening Block Level Child Protection Committee meeting , Village level Child Protection Committee meeting.
- District Child Protection Officer is the Public Information Officer of District Child Protection Unit.
- 5 lakhs for children who have lost both parents due to Corona epidemic and 3 lakhs for children who have lost a single parent is being given by Hon’ble Chief Minister. Also Rs.3000/- is being given as maintenance allowance to destitute children. Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Medical Insurance Card is also being issued.
- Children who have lost both their parents are being given Rs.10 lakhs as relief fund by Hon’ble Prime Minister and Rs.4000/- per month as maintenance grant and health card issued.
District Child Protection Officer
District Child Protection Unit
2nd Floor,Government Multi Department Complex,
Ariyalur – 621 704.
Ph : 04329 – 296239.
E-Mail : dcpuariyalur1[at]gmail[dot]com