District Industries Centre
Functions of the District Industries Centre
- Issue of Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum for micro small and medium enterprises. Entrepreneurs may obtain the acknowledgement through online from the website: udyogaadhaar.gov.in
- Registration and development of Industrial co-operative societies.
- Sanction and Disbursement of subsidies.
- Conducting Entrepreneurship Development Programmes.
- Implementation of Centrally Sponsored Scheme PMEGP and State sponsored Scheme UYEGP and NEEDS for generation of employment through establishment of micro and small enterprises in rural as well as urban areas.
- Providing escort service to entrepreneurs towards identification of industry and preparation of project profiles for assistance from financial institution/banks, selection and purchase of machinery etc…
- Obtaining clearance for starting an industries from Government departments through single window clearance committee.Creating awareness about the policies and programmes on industrial development of the State / Central Governments, through seminars and dissemination meets.
- Facilitation for creation of common infrastructure facilities / services in industrial clusters under the Industrial Infrastructure Upgradation Scheme (IIUS) / Micro and Small Enterprises Cluster Development Programme (MSECDP) / Scheme of fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI).
- To facilitate the payment of dues to micro and small enterprises from large Industries.
- Implementation of Quality Control Order on electrical household appliance, etc…
- Registration and Development of cottage and handicrafts Industries.
- Export Promotion through the Export Guidance Cell in the Dist.Industries Centre.
- Processing proposals for assistance to sick, micro and small units
- Supervision of implementation of Special Assistance Schemes announced by the State / Central Government for small and micro enterprises.
- Recommending awards to micro and small enterprises and Artisans given by Central and State Governments.
Un-employed Youth Employment Generation Programme (UYEGP)
- Un-employed Youth Employment Generation Programme (UYEGP) is being implemented in Ariyalur District by the District Industries Centre, Ariyalur. This Scheme is intended to mitigate the unemployment problems of the socially and economically weaker sections of the society particularly among the educated and unemployed youth, to become self employed by setting up economically viable Manufacturing / Service / Business Enterprises, excluding direct agricultural operations like raising crop etc.
- The General Manager, District Industries Centre, Ariyalur is the Implementing Agency for UYEGP scheme.
- Any individual above 18 years of age with minimum 8’th standard pass and with family annual income not exceeding Rs. 1.50 Lakhs is eligible to avail loan through all Nationalised Banks, Private Sector Banks and TAICO Bank under this scheme.
- The maximum age limit to avail the above loan is 35 years for general Category and 45 years for special category (viz. Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes / Backward Classes / Most Backward Classes / Minorities / Women / Ex-servicemen / Physically Challenged / Transgender).
- The maximum cost of the project is Rs. 10.00 Lakhs for Manufacturing sector, Rs. 3.00 Lakhs for Service sector and Rs. 1.00 Lakh for Business sector with subsidy assistance of 25% of the project cost and Maximum subsidy assistance is 1.25 Lakhs.
- The Promoter’s Contribution is just 10% for general category, 5% for special category.
- 7 days EDP training is mandatory for the selected beneficiaries. The selection of beneficiaries is through interview process by the District Task Force Committee that will be convened at least once in a fortnight.
- The applicants aspiring to apply shall submit the application through online in the following website: www.msmeonline.tn.gov.in/uyegp
New Entrepreneur cum Enterprise Development Scheme (NEEDS)
- New Entrepreneur Cum Enterprise Development Scheme (NEEDS) is being implemented in Ariyalur District by the District Industries Centre, Ariyalur. This Scheme is intended to assist educated youth to become first generation entrepreneurs and under this scheme educated youth will be given entrepreneurship training, assisted to prepare their business plans and helped to tie up with financial institutions to set up new manufacturing or service enterprise successfully.
- Educated youth with any Degree, Diploma, ITI / Vocational Training from
recognized Institutions, aspiring to become entrepreneurs would be eligible for
assistance under the scheme.
- The Applicant should have completed minimum 21 years of age but should not have completed 35 years for general Category and 45 years for special category (viz. Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes / Backward Classes / Most Backward Classes / Minorities / Women / Ex-servicemen / Physically Challenged / Transgender) of entrepreneurs on the date of application.
- The cost of the project is above 5 Lakhs and not exceeding Rs. 100.00 Lakhs for Manufacturing sector and Service sector with subsidy assistance of 25% for the value of the Plant, Machinery and Equipment cost and Cost of building to be Constructed.
- The Applicant should be a resident of Tamilnadu state for not less than 3 years.
- The Promoter’s Contribution is just 10% for general category, 5 for special category.
- One Month EDP training is mandatory for the selected beneficiaries. The selection of beneficiaries is through interview process by the District Task Force Committee that will be convened at least once in a fortnight.
- The applicants aspiring to apply shall submit the application through online in the following website: www.msmeonline.tn.gov.in/needs
Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)
- Government of India has approved the introduction of a new credit linked subsidy programme called Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) for generation of employment opportunities through establishment of micro enterprises in rural as well as urban areas. The Scheme will be implemented by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), a statutory organization under the administrative control of the Ministry of MSME as the single nodal agency at the National level. At the State level, the Scheme will be implemented through State KVIC Directorates, State Khadi and Village Industries Boards (KVIBs) and District Industries Centres (DICs) and banks.
- To generate employment opportunities in rural as well as urban areas of the country through setting up of new self-employment ventures/projects/micro enterprises.
- To bring together widely dispersed traditional artisans/ rural and urban unemployed youth and give them self-employment opportunities to the extent possible, at their place.
- To provide continuous and sustainable employment to a large segment of traditional and prospective artisans and rural and urban unemployed youth in the country, so as to help arrest migration of rural youth to urban areas.
- To increase the wage earning capacity of artisans and contribute to increase in the growth rate of rural and urban employment.
Eligibility Conditions of Beneficiaries
- The maximum cost of the project/unit admissible under manufacturing sector is Rs. 25 lakh. The maximum cost of the project/unit admissible under business/service sector is Rs. 10 lakh. The balance amount of the total project cost will be provided by Banks as term loan.
- Any individual, above 18 years of age
- There will be no income ceiling for assistance for setting up projects under PMEGP
- For setting up of project costing above Rs.10 lakh in the manufacturing sector and above Rs. 5 lakh in the business /service sector, the beneficiaries should possess at least VIII standard pass educational qualification.
- Assistance under the Scheme is available only for new projects sanctioned specifically under the PMEGP.
- Self Help Groups (including those belonging to BPL provided that they have not availed benefits under any other Scheme) are also eligible for assistance under PMEGP.
- Institutions registered under Societies Registration Act,1860; Production Co-operative Societies, and,Charitable Trusts,Existing Units (under PMRY, REGP or any other scheme of Government of India or State Government) and the units that have already availed Government Subsidy under any other scheme of Government of India or State Government are not eligible.
|Categories of beneficiaries under PMEGP||Beneficiary‟s contribution (of project cost)||Rate of Subsidy (of project cost)|
|Area (location of project/unit)||Urban||Rural|
|Special (including SC / ST / OBC /Minorities/Women, Ex-servicemen, Physically handicapped, NER, Hill and Border areas etc.||5%||25%||35%|
The applicants aspiring to apply shall submit the application through online in the following website: www.kviconline.gov.in
Official Contact :
District Industries Centre,
531/21, Jayankondam Road,
Ph: 04329-228555, 228556.