District Industries Centre
Functions of the District Industries Centre
- Implementation of Centrally Sponsored Scheme “PMEGP” and State sponsored Scheme “UYEGP” and “NEEDS” for generation of employment through establishment of micro and small enterprises in rural as well as urban areas.
- Providing escort service to entrepreneurs towards identification of industry and preparation of project profiles for assistance from financial institution/banks, selection and purchase of machinery etc…
- Obtaining clearance for starting industries from Government departments through single window clearance portal.
- Creating awareness about the policies and programmes on industrial development of the State / Central Governments, through seminars and dissemination meets.
- Issue of Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. Entrepreneurs may obtain the acknowledgement through online from the website: https://udyogaadhaar.gov.in/UA/UAM_Registration.aspx
- Registration and development of Industrial co-operative societies.
- Sanction and Disbursement of subsidies.
- Conducting Entrepreneurship Development Programmes.
- Facilitation for creation of common infrastructure facilities / services in industrial clusters under the Industrial Infrastructure Upgradation Scheme (IIUS) / Micro and Small Enterprises Cluster Development Programme (MSECDP) / Scheme of fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI).
- To facilitate the payment of dues to micro and small enterprises from large Industries.
- Implementation of Quality Control Order on electrical household appliance, etc…
- Registration and Development of Cottage and Handicrafts Industries.
- Export Promotion through the Export Guidance Cell in the Dist. Industries Centre.
- Processing proposals for assistance to sick, micro and small units
- Supervision of implementation of Special Assistance Schemes announced by the State / Central Government for small and micro enterprises.
- Recommending awards to micro and small enterprises and Artisans given by Central and State Governments.
For more details on DIC’s schemes, Click Here
Official Contact :
District Industries Centre,
531/21, Jayankondam Road,
Ph: 04329-228555, 228556.