Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)
Government of India has approved the introduction of a new credit linked subsidy programme called “Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) for generation of employment opportunities through establishment of Micro enterprises in Rural as well as Urban Areas. The Scheme will be implemented by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), a statutory organization under the administrative control of the Ministry of MSME as the single nodal agency at the National Level. At the State level, the scheme will be implemented through State Khadi and Village Industries Commission Directorates, State Khadi and Village Industries Board (KVIB) and District Industries Centres (DIC).
Creation of self employment opportunities in both rural and urban areas with financial assistance for a maximum project cost of Rs.25 lakhs for manufacturing sector, Rs.10 lakhs under service sector.
- Age should be minimum of 18 years.
- Beneficiaries should have passed minimum 8th Std. to avail loan above Rs.10.00 lakhs in manufacturing sector and above Rs.5.00 lakhs in service sector.
- No ceiling of family income.
Highlights of the Scheme:
- Promoter’s contribution is 10% for General Category and 5% for Special Category (SC / ST / OBC / Minorities / Women / Ex-Servicemen / DA ).
- The margin money eligibility is 25% for Urban and 35% for Rural.
- The selection of beneficiaries is through interview process by the District Task Force Committee that will be convened at least once in a fortnight.
How To Apply
The applicant aspiring to apply shall submit the application through online in the following website : https://www.kviconline.gov.in/pmegpeportal/jsp/pmegponline.jsp