New SHG Formation
About the Scheme :
Self Help Group (SHG) is a group of 12 to 20 women of the same socio-economic background who come forward voluntarily to work together for their own upliftment. The unique feature of the SHG is its ability to inculcate among its members sound habits of thrift, savings and banking.
New SHG Formation :
- Self Help Groups consist of 12-20 BPL women members in the age group 18-60 years residing in the same area.
- NGOs and PLFs affiliated with TNCDW undertake the formation of SHGs.
- They are trained to become cohesive as a group through regular meetings and encouraged to cultivate savings habit.
- Capacity Building Programmes such as SHG and A & R training are imparted to the Group members.
- After a period of 6 months, SHGs are rated for Credit Linkage by a Committee consisting of Bankers, APOs, NGOs, Block level officer and PLF Representative.
- For the eligible Credit rated SHGs, credit facilities are largely made available through Banks, both for revolving fund and economic activity.
- Other sources of funding for Credit linkage are SGSY, TAHDCO, NABARD & SJSRY
How To Apply
Please Contact :
DISTRICT MISSION MANAGEMENT UNIT,
TAMIL NADU STATE RURAL LIVELIHOOD MISSION,
ROOM NO : 215,
II FLOOR, COLLECTORATE,
TELEPHONE NO. 04329 – 228505