TAMILNADU POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD, ARIYALUR DISTRICT
- Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board, Ariyalur started functioning with effect from 15.12.2013.
- The Office is functioning in Government Building at No.4/326, Trichy Main Road, Nearby RTO Office, Keelapazhur Post, Ariyalur Taluk, Ariyalur District.
- The Chairman, is the Head of the Department, Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board, No.76, Mount Salai, Guindy, Chennai – 32.
- The District Environmental Engineer is the Head of the office of Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board, Ariyalur District.
Functions of TNPCB
- TNPCB is implementing the pollution control legislations and Rules and Notification TNPCB is implementing the Pollution Control Legislations and Rules and Notifications framed therein. In discharging the duties entrusted to it, the Board investigates, collects and disseminates data relating to water, air and land pollution, lays down standards for sewage/trade effluent and emissions.
- TNPCB issues consent to new industries in two stages. Consent to establish is issued depending upon the suitability of the site before the industry takes up the construction activities and consent to operate is issued after installation of pollution control measures by the unit to satisfy the standards.
- The field officers of the Board periodically inspect every industry under their jurisdiction to assess the adequacy of treatment measures provided to treat the effluent and gaseous emission.
- Board has classified the industries as per their pollution load for effective monitoring as
Type of Industry Category Large Red
17 Category of Industry
- TNPCB issues show cause notices , takes legal actions and also issues directions for closure, stoppage of power supply, water supply etc., against erring industries / agencies for non-compliance of pollution control legislations, conditions and standards.
- TNPCB has delegated the power to the field officers for close monitoring. The Joint Chief Environmental Engineer/ District Environmental Engineers are empowered to issue/renew consent to orange and green category industries and for red small category industries. They are also empowered to issue show cause notices to all the industries.
- TNPCB creates awareness in the District through conducting various Environmental Awareness Programme.
Contact: Phone No.04329-250055