Treasuries and Accounts Department – District Treasury, Ariyalur
In Tamil Nadu, originally, all the Treasuries were functioning under the control of Revenue Department. The Department of Treasuries and Accounts was formed in 1962. With the formation of Directorate, all the District Treasuries, Sub Treasuries and Pay and Accounts Offices were brought under the Control of Treasuries and Accounts Department with overall Administrative control of Finance Department.
- Treasury is the Custodian of Government money functioning with the objective of maintaining all transactions relating to the Tamil Nadu government. Later the transactions were done through the method of ECS(ELECTRONIC CLEARANCE SYSTEM) linking with bank. Presently the transactions are done through IFHRMS mode.
- Treasury Department is maintaining the District wise and Department wise accounts of all the Government monetary transactions for both Payment and Receipts and the compiled expenditure and revenue details are sent to the Accountant General every month.
- Another main work of the Treasury Department is Payment of Pension and all the other Pensionary benefits to the Pensioners, who have served in various departments of the State Government and also special categories like freedom fighters, Tamil scholars etc.
- Maintenance of various kinds of Deposits and Receipts of Local Bodies are also a part of Treasury functioning.
- Treasury Department is also involved in Sale of Judicial and Non judicial Stamp papers to licensed stamp vendors and provided with strong room for preservation of safe custody of articles.
|S.No.||Office Address||Phone / Fax No.||Email ID|
Collectorate Campus, (Ground Floor)
Ariyalur, Pin: 621 704.
Taluk office campus, T.Palur Road, Jayankondam-621802
Taluk office campus,
Ariyalur 621 704
No.8/62, North Street, Sendurai, Ariyalur-621 714