District Rural Development Agency
MAHATMA GANDHI NATIONAL RURAL EMPLOYMENT GUARANTEE SCHEME
Implementation of schemes:
- MGNREGS is a scheme constitutionally approved under MGNREG Act and funded by the Central Government 90% and state government 10%.
- Provides 100 days of guaranteed employment in a financial year for adult members in rural areas who are willing to do unskilled manual work.
- This scheme provides employment for livelyhood landless pays Rs 205/-per day on a weekly basis by e-Fms there by alleviate poverty in rural areas.
- Promotes management of natural resources like ponds, ooranies, Irrigation channels by desilting and create irrigation facilities. Provides horticulture, form ponds, Massive/Avenue Tree plantation works, construction of water harvesting structures like bunding, boulder checks, Gabion and concrete check dams construction of buildings for Village Panchayat office, VPSC, BPSC, Anganwadi, compound walls for schools, formation of roads under rural connectivity in convergence with other Government departments like Agriculture department, Fisheries and Forest Department.
- 3% of beneficiaries are reserved for differently abled persons for providing water to the workers, and caretakers of their children in the work site and for jungle clearance work.
INDIRA AWAAS YOJANA
Houses are constructed at free of cost for the members of SC/ST, freed bonded labourers and non-SC/ST members in rural areas living below the poverty level. The scheme is funded jointly by the Central and State Governments. The central share is Rs.799.68 and the state share is Rs.533.12 for the financial year 2014-15 and during the financial year 2015-16 .
PRADHAN MANTRI AWAAS YOJANA – (G) 2016-17
- It is a centrally sponsored Scheme with fund sharing pattern of Central and State Government has been 60:40 ratio.
- The beneficiaries are selected from the priority basis from SECC Date approved by grama sabha.
- The Allocation pattern is for SC-57%, ST-3%, Minority-6.65%, and others-33.35%.
- The unit cost of the house is Rs.1.70/- Lakhs with provision of toilet under IHHL [at] Rs.12000/-.
MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT LOCAL AREA DEVELOPMENT (MPLADS)
- The objective of the scheme is to enable MPs to recommend works of developmental nature with emphasis on the creation of durable community assets based on the locally felt needs to be taken up in their constituencies. Right from inception of the Scheme, durable assets of national priorities viz., drinking water, primary education, public health, sanitation and roads etc., are being created.
- Ariyalur is only an implanting district covered by cuddalore as Nodal District.
- Maximum of Rs. 5 crore / constituency M.P. is the annual entitlement to execute the work.
- A Separate bank Account for Administrative funds to be operated in a nationalized bank as called as separate cash book.
Permissible works taken up:
- Drinking water facility
- Education (School Building, Computers of Govt., and Govt., aided schools)
- Electricity facility
- Health and Family Welfare
- Irrigation facility
- Non-Conventional Energy sources
- Other public facilities
GREEN HOUSING SCHEME
- CMSPGH scheme is a fully state funded scheme Implemented from 2016-17.
- 20000 houses per year with unit cost Rs.1.80 lakhs and Rs. 30,000/- for solar lights for the public and exclusively for the weavers the unit cost is Rs.2.10 Lakhs+30000/- or Solar Lights. Allocation pattern for Sc is 29% ST 1% and 70% for others.
- These houses are constructed in 300 sq.ft with living room, Kitchen, bedroom, verandah and a toilet with rain water harvesting structure with a Ceramic Logo Tiles.
- Solar powered 5 LED lights have been provided.
- For weavers it is constructed with a hall for weaving unit.
TAMILNADU VILLAGE HABITATIONS IMPROVEMENT SCHEME (THAI)
Scheme Implementation :
- THAI scheme had been implemented and completed in 5 years from 2011-12 to 2015-2016.
- THAI II scheme has been programmed to be implemented in 5 years from 2016-17 to 2020-2021.
Scheme Components :
- Improvements of MI tanks
- Basic Infrastructure and Amenities like.
- Water supply
- Street light
- Streets / Lanes improvement
- Road connectivity
- Burial ground and Pathway to Burial grounds
SWACHH BHARAT MISSION (GRAMIN)
- It is a centrally sponsored scheme to accelerate sanitation coverage in rural areas to achieve the goal of Open Defecation Free (ODF) Tamil Nadu and to sustain the practice of safe sanitation.
- The Unit cost of an IHHL in Rs. 12000/- under SBM(G) and MGNREGS, and paid through e – FMS.
- VPRC , PLF, SHGS and other community based organizations are used to influence the community to use the Toilets.
- The landless families are directed to use community Toilets like IWSC/IMSC.
MEMBER OF LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY CONSTITUENCY DEVELOPMENT SCHEME (MLACDS)
- Member of Legislative Assembly Constituency Development Scheme (MLACDS) is being implemented in Tamil Nadu in order to identify and execute the essential infrastructure works in the assembly constituencies. The MLAs identifies infrastructure gaps in constituencies and propose the works to be executed under the scheme.
- Out of f the allocation of Rs.2.50 Crore per MLA, under Member Legislative Assembly Constituency Development Scheme, an allocation of Rs. 1.50 Crore should be earmarked for “Tied Component” which is to be mandatorily earmarked only water supply works. Out of remaining “Untied component” of Rs. 100 lakhs.
TIED COMPONENT WORKS – 1.50 crore
- Infrastructure facilities to PUES, GHS, Municipality Schools and corporation schools [at] a cost of Rs.20.00 lakhs.
- Water supply works, Solar Street Lights, Renovation of BT, Laying of BT, Cement Concrete roads Construction of Anganwadi, NM Centres, Baby Friendly Toilets, Gas connection to Anganwadi Kitchen, compound walls, Infrastructure facility to disabled department, bridges, burial grounds, PDS, WS complexs, Equipments to GYM [at] the cost of Rs.130.00 Lakhs.
UNTIED COMPONENT WORKS- 1.00 crore
Any work not falling within the following ‘negative list /prohibited works can be taken up under the untied component of MLACDS.
- Bus shelters,
- Construction of new houses, in Town panchayat, Renovation, Tahdco Houses,
- Equipments to schools colleges,
COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT SCHEME (CSIDS)
- The basic aim of the scheme is to provide all basic infrastructure facilities like construction of new class rooms, Kitchen Sheds, Toilets and water Supply facilities and the repair and renovation of Class room, Kitchen Sheds, Toilets and water Supply facilities in the Panchayat Union Primary and Middle Schools in Rural areas.
- However repair and renovation works that may be required shall be taken up only in those Panchayat Union schools located in the Village Panchayats selected under “Tamil Nadu Village Habitations Improvement (THAI)” Scheme. However left over schools in THAI village may be taken up from saving funds.
- The Selection committee comprising Block Development Officer (Block Panchayat), Assistant Engineer (RD) /Junior Engineer, Headmaster of the school should assess the works on priority basis of the schools.
SELF SUFFICIENCY SCHEME (SSS)
- Self Sufficiency Scheme is being implemented both in rural and urban areas by the Govt to encourage and improve the self reliant attitude of public and to enhance their participation in creation and maintenance of community infrastructure. The minimum public contribution should be one third of the estimate amount of the work and it may be originate from individuals groups institutions public or private companies or from the community.
- Construction (or) maintenance of women and men sanitary completes, construction of bridges, culverts, BT roads, creating community assets like buildings, drinking water supply, cement concrete roads and threshing floor.
AMMA GYM- 2016-17
- It helps the rural youth to do physical exercise and keep their body fit.
- Increases the health consciousness of the rural mass and prevents diseases.
- Enhances the mental strength of the youth.
- Prepares the youth for sports and games.
AMMA PARK- 2016-17
- Improves health and Physicals fitness
- Recreation to the children, youth and elderly People.
- Rejuvenates the mind and body.
- Beautifies the Village.
- Provides footpath for walking.
PRADHAN MANTRI GRAM SADAK YOJANA (PMGSY) IX
- This is centrally sponsored scheme with the objective of providing 100% connectivity in rural areas.
- Under this scheme both upgradation and new connectivity also taken up for the habitation having population more than 500.
NATIONAL BANK FOR AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT (NABARD)
- Under this scheme 80% of funds were sanctioned from NABARD bank and 20% of the funds were sanctioned from Tamil Nadu State Government. Only upgradation of roads and strengthening works being taken up.
- The scheme is being implemented for Agriculturists for marketing their Agricultural products and to get quick treatments and easy access to medical, school going children etc.
BUS PLYING ROADS IMPROVEMENT SCHEME (BPRIS)
- Under this scheme the Bus Plying Village Roads only were taken up so as to ensure the better transport of public in villages further damages to roads is prevented by taken up improvement.
- The scheme was implemented only during the year 2014-15
RURAL INFRASTRUCTURE SCHEME (RIS) ROAD
- Under this scheme the non black topped roads are converted in to black topped roads ensuring better connectivity in rural areas and stabilization of assets created under MGNREGS.
- Habitations without road connectivity bus plying roads, roads connecting market-place, education all institutions and health services are given priority under this scheme.
RURAL ROADS MAINTENANCE SCHEME (RRMS)
- Under this scheme, periodical maintenance of roads were taken up for renewal.
- The funding for this scheme are from SFC and RIS of the financial year.
TAMIL NADU RURAL ROADS IMPROVEMENTS SCHEME (TNRRIS)
- The scheme was introduced during 2015-16 by merging various road schemes of state funds.
- The scheme is being implemented under 3 streams like, upgradation, strengthening and periodic renewal of existing BT surface.
HONBLE CHIEF MINISTERS ANNOUNCEMENT UNDER RULE 110 OF TAMIL NADU LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY OF THE YEAR 2016
- The Hon’ble Chief Minister announced expansion of TANCEM at Ariyalur a cost of Rs.675 Cr. under Rule 110 of Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly in the budger session 2016. Further the Hon’ble Chief Minister announced that the TANCEM in co-ordination with Ariyalur District administration will take up the following development works.
- Necessary infrastructure such as Additional Class Roof, Deep bore-well, compound wall, drinking water and toilets for boys and girls in the Government and Panchayat Union Schools at Anandhavadi, Manakkudi, Srinivasapuram, Thamaraikulam, Usenabath, Rajiv Nagar, Valajanagaram, Krishnapuram and Ravuthanpatti at a cost of Rs.2.12 Cr.
- Tree Plantation, Percolation ponds and Rain water harvesting structures in the areas surrounding Ariyalur will be taken up at a cost of Rs.1.90 Cr.
- New building covering an area of 36,000 sq.ft. in Government Hospital at Ariyalur with necessary infrastructure at a cost of Rs. 9.50 Cr.