- In Ariyalur District, there are 90 Cooperative Institution running under Registrar of Cooperative control
- 64- Primary Agricultural Cooperative Credit Societies all running in our district, These PACCS, providing crop loan, General Jewel Loan, Medium Term loan, SHG Loan, Pledge Loan, Tamco and Tabcedco Loan and Differently abled person Loans and Playing major roles in lifting life quality of farmers and economically backward people
- One Urban Cooperative Bank is running in ariyalur, its branch running in Jayankondam Urban providing, Jewel Loan, House Construction Loan, Non farming Sector Loan, Petty Traders loan, Women entre preneur loan and playing major role in economic development of Urban people and especially women members.
- 2 Primary Cooperative Agricultural and Rural Development bank is running in Ariyalur and Jayankondam . Its providing Jewel Loan and Petty Traders Loan.
- 17 Employee Cooperative Thrift and Credit Societies is running in Ariyalur Distrisct. In Employee Societies Members Teachers, Anganvadi Employees, Panchayat Union Employees, College Professors and Cooperative Society Employees. They providing Employees Loan and Jewel Loan.
- One Ariyalur District Cooperative Wholesale store is running in Ariyalur. Its providing Non Controlled commodities to all Fair Price Shop.
- Two Primary Cooperative Stores are running in Variyankaval and Alathiyur. One store providing LPG Gas in Ramco Cement Factory Labours and other store acting as Fair Price Shop.
- One Vallam Cashewnut Labour Contract Society running in K.Vallam. Major activity of the society is taking auction of 73.50 Hectares of Forest Land which belongs to Virudhachallam Forest range and collection of Cashewnut from that Forest Land and making income by selling raw Cashewnuts.
- One Ariyalur Cooperative Marketing Society is running in Ariyalur. Marketing Society has providing Two Fair Price Shop and One Medical Shop. Marketing Society owns a 2000 MT Godown which used for Rental purpose.
- One Ariyalur Cooperative Union is running in Ariyalur. Its providing Cooperative Society members educational level.
- 43- Primary Agricultural Cooperative Credit Societies having Agro Service centers these Agro Service centers providing tractor, Power Tiller, Rotavator and other Agricultural equipment to farmers for low rent and it will be helpful to small farmers for their cultivation needs.
- 64 PACCS and 2 Primary Cooperative Agricultural and Rural Development bank having common service centers. These service centre providing lot of services to village people revenue certificates like Income certificates, Community Certificates, Nativity Certificates, Online Patta Transfer, Chitta copy etc., and also giving social welfare schemes certificates etc., Due to this Services, Village people can avail all Online service in near by PACCS it will reduce work load and travel time for village people and farmers instead of spending a few day to get these kind of service by travelling to urban area and spending more time.
- There are two cooperative Medicals and two Amma Medicals are running in Ariyalur District giving, quality medicine with 20% discount rate. This will be helpful for economically backward people.
CROP LOAN WAIVER
Crop Loan availed by 30539 Farmers with net value of Rs.223.43/- crore have been waived through Primary Agricultural Cooperative Credit Societies under Crop Loan waiver 2021 scheme which is announced by the Tamil Nadu Government.
GENERAL JEWEL LOAN WAIVER
General Jewel Loan availed by 15990 members 20838 loans with net value of Rs.72.73/- crore have been waived through Cooperative Institutions under General Jewel Loan waiver 2021 scheme which is announced by the Tamil Nadu Government.
SELF HELP GROUP LOAN WAIVER
Self Help Group Loan availed by 2500 Groups, 35526 members loans with net value of Rs.595.90/- crore have been waived through Cooperative Institutions under Self Help Group Loan waiver 2021 scheme which is announced by the Tamil Nadu Government.
In Ariyalur District Cooperative Department 01.04.2022 to 22.08.2022 gives crop loan Rs. 79.44/- crore, Animal Husbandary Loan Rs. 1.67-/ crore, Medium Term Loan Rs. 0.55/- crore, Self Help Group Loan Rs. 3.30/- crore, NHFDC Loan Rs. 0.15/- crore and Gerneral Jewel Loan Rs.64.68/- crore.
Primary Agricultural Cooperative Credit Societies act as Multi Service Cooperative societies, in AIF Scheme through 20 PACCS give 20 Project net value of Rs.0.48/- crore amount sanctioned and now through 52 PACCS give 163 Project net value of Rs.16.49/- crore proposal is ready now.
COOPERATIVES IN PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM
Cooperative Societies play a vital role in running the Public Distribution System efficiently in Ariyalur district. 263 Full Time Shops and 189 Part-Time Shops totally 452 Fair price shops are run by Cooperative Societies. Essential commodities from Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies Corporation godowns are lifted by lead society to supply to the Fair Price Shops attached to them.
Cooperative Fair Price Shops
There are 452 Fair Price Shops serving family card holders in the district. PDS commodities, special PDS Commodities and non controlled commodities like Ooty Tea, Arasu Salt, etc., are sold in Fair Price Shops.
In order to give a fillip to the palm growers of the State, good quality Palm Jaggery is also being sold from October 2021 through Fair Price Shops. Special PDS commodities like Tur dal and Palmolein are also sold in the Fair Price Shops at subsidized rates offered by Government.
There is 1 kerosene bunk run by the Cooperative Society exclusively for distribution of kerosene to card holders.
Mobile Fair Price Shops
At present a total of 45 Mobile Fair Price Shops are functioning in rural areas to serve card holders whose habitations are far away from the PDS shops or are divided by natural barriers. This is to ensure that the card holders get the essential commodities delivered to their hamlets by the sales person.
End-to-End Computerisation of Public Distribution System
Each Fair Price shop has a Point of Sale (POS) device which captures every transaction in the supply chain from stock despatch from godowns till distribution to cardholders and the transactions are monitored through a web-based portal on real time basis. Nearly 97% of transactions are carried out through biometric mode, thus curtailing bogus billing and pilferages.
Sale of other commodities
Sale of Ooty Tea
The small tea growers in ‘The Nilgiris’ district are affected by fluctuations in tea prices. Their tea is purchased by INDCOSERVE (The Tamil Nadu Small Tea Growers’ Industrial Cooperative Tea Factories’ Federation Ltd.,) and is sold through Fair Price Shops, under the brand name of Ooty Tea to the general public. This helps in stabilizing prices and ensuring steady income to the small Tea growers to a larger extent.
Sale of Arasu Salt
Iodised salt is procured from Tamil Nadu Salt Corporation and sold through the Fair Price Shops run by the Cooperative Societies. This helps in preventing iodine deficiency disorders amongst the common people.
Sale of Palm Jaggery
Palm Jaggery procured by Khadi and Village Industries Board through select Fair Price Shops run by the Cooperative Societies.
Joint registrar of cooperative societies
Office of the Joint registrar of cooperative societies
Room No: 213 ,Second Floor
Collectorate Campus, Ariyalur
Office Mail ID: jralr[dot]rcs[at]gmail[dot]com
Contact No: 04329-228333.
- Cooperative Sub Registrar/ Field Officer, Ariyalur
Contact Number :9750082757
- Cooperative Sub Registrar/ Field Officer, Thirumanur
Contact Number :9786605942
- Cooperative Sub Registrar/ Field Officer, Sendurai
Contact Number :9943407023
- Cooperative Sub Registrar/ Field Officer, Jayankondam
Contact Number : 9943407023
- Cooperative Sub Registrar/ Field Officer, Andimadam
Contact Number :9894482727
- Cooperative Sub Registrar/ Field Officer, T.Palir
Contact Number : 9894482727
Deputy registrar of cooperative societies
Office of the deputy registrar of cooperative societies
Room No: 219 ,Second Floor
Collectorate Campus, Ariyalur
Office Mail ID: dralr[dot]tnrcs[at]gmail[dot]com
Contact No: 04329-228051
- Cooperative Sub Registrar/PDS, Ariyalur
Contact Number :8637460533
- Cooperative Sub Registrar/ PDS, Thirumanur
Contact Number :9444402394
- Cooperative Sub Registrar/ PDS, Sendurai
Contact Number : 9444402394
- Cooperative Sub Registrar/ PDS, Jayankondam
Contact Number : 9597870496
- Cooperative Sub Registrar/ PDS, Andimadam
Contact Number :9597870496
- Cooperative Sub Registrar/ PDS, T.Palur
Contact Number : 8637460533
Deputy Registrar (Public Distribution system)
Office of the Deputy Registrar (PDS)
Room No: 217, Second Floor,
Collectorate Campus, Ariyalur
Office Mail ID: drpdsalr[dot]tnrcs[at]gmail[dot]com
Contact No: 04329-228131